I will be co-supervising a research masters student starting in Sept 2012. The objective is to carry out research in to optimisation of the National Dwelling Energy Assessment Procedure (DEAP) using monitored energy data from150 buildings.
The Department of Technology, Media and Science at the Limerick Institute of
Technology, Tipperary School has been awarded GRO Bursary funding to carry out
research in to optimisation of the National Dwelling Energy Assessment Procedure
(DEAP) using monitored energy data from150 buildings.
Profile of the Candidate
• Primary honours degree in engineering or computing.
• Interest in pursuing postgraduate studies in an area related to energy management
and sustainable energy.
• Data analysis (compilation, interrogation and verification) experience or interest
in this field
• Ability to develop software models which integrate with National DEAP Software
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work within a
• Interest in potential for developing a new model for assessing dwelling energy
• Studies will be based in Thurles Campus (LIT Tipperary) and will involve
working with data from the EU SERVE project (www.servecommunity.ie)
Minimum Entry Requirements
A minimum of a 2.2. Hons degree in Computing or Engineering
Research enquiries should be directed to Seamus Hoyne; email@example.com
Department of Technology, Media and Science
For application enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org