If you are interested in carrying out research into the rapidly expanding area of home heating controls then you should consider an oppurtunity that just come available in LIT Tipperary. This research would lead to the awarding of a Research Masters degree by LIT. The bursary will cover tuition and relevant conference fees for publication of research.
A colleague and I will be supervising the research which will be base in the Thurles campus.
The Department of Technology, Media and Science at the Limerick Institute of
Technology, Tipperary School has been awarded GRO Bursary funding to carry out
research in the area of optimising home energy heating controls.
Profile of the Candidate
• Primary honours degree in engineering or computing.
• Interest in pursuing postgraduate studies in an area related to energy management
and sustainable energy.
• Data analysis (compilation, interrogation and verification) experience or interest
in this field
• Ability to work on hardware, software related to heating control systems
• Interest in user interface design and usability issues
• Practical “hands on” approach to working with industry and homeowners
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work within a
• Interest in developing the commercialisation of innovative heating control
• Studies will be based in Thurles Campus (LIT Tipperary) and will involve
working with industry partner (Climate)
Minimum Entry Requirements
A minimum of a 2.2. Hons degree in Computing or Engineering
Research enquiries should be directed to Liam Noonan; email@example.com
Department of Technology, Media and Science
For application enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org