The science museum in London should be in the top 5 list for any family visiting London. Entry is free and you could spend all day there exploring. I lived the Apollo exhibit as it brought back the wonder of space from my childhood.
Archive for Uncategorized
We recently had our double glazing windows serviced by munster joinery. I was surprised to learn that our 9 year old windows can be upgraded to 24mm triple glazing. This involves replacing the glazing and where necessary the hinges and seals.
I belive there would be an improved thermal comfort experience. But I will have do some.more research before we make a decision. The no.mess and fuss of the.upgrade makes it very attractive.
As we head back for another academic year in LIT Tipperary/ Tipperary Institute my thoughts are turning to the busy year we have ahead of us. Our Smart Sustainable Energy students in our level 8 and level 7 programmes will have the oppurtunity to experience many aspects of the renewable energy sector in our sustainable orientated campus. These include:
- Installation of our wood chip heating system for the Thurles campus. Students will have a read only access to the complete system which will be used through out the 4 years of the degree.
- Field trips with the Smart Green Society to various Renewable sectors/sites
- Installation of our wind anemometer and Davis Pro weather station. We will use this data in our maths analysis modules to estimate wind speeds and models for wind turbine power estimation. The weather station will also record solar activity and we will use this to estimate solar PV output.
- Solar PV Trainer, our new solar PV trainer will assist us in exploring how to harness solar energy to generate electricity as well as developing hardware/embedded solutions to integrate with the solar PV kit.
- Assist in organising Green week, last years green week was a great success and we hope to continue this with a week of talks by people and businesses in the green sector.
- Green campus initiative, LIT Tipperary is in the process of seeking green campus accreditation. This will require a significant amount of input from both the campus community and management. Members of the smart green society will assist in this process.
- Explore and learn software development processes and languages that are used in the renewable energy/ green tech sector. The efficient use of green resources requires intelligent software and hardware to harness this resource to good effect from web apps to hardware solutions. Students will explore how software applications and embedded systems can be developed to assist in this area.
- Monitor and assist in reducing the electrical energy demand of our Thurles and Clonmel campuses. Using real time electrical monitoring equipment we aim to educate the campus community about electrical consumption and reduce it.
- Monitor and assess data from energy efficient communities so as to assess the performance of various building technologies and renewable heating sources.
We spent the weekend in wexford. It is great to see how the old and the new exist side by side. The opera house is fantastic and there is plenty to see and do. I can recommend the bookcentre for coffee only 1.40 for an espresso.
This american band are enjoying a revival and recently supported Dinosaur Jr at the Black Box in Galway. Its not often the support band rivals the headlining act
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!
I am looking forward to this film. I read the book and liked it.
Mechandise decided to record the video for their song Lies Like These in one take on a compact digital stills camera with a video setting. It’s around midnight in a kebab shop in Salford. Great video and well executed.
Its small and cheap and if all you want to do is surf the internet and write emails it may be for you. At 187 Euros and 650 grams it costs less than some mobile phones out there.